Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: vodafone

virus style text messages from my phone

i downloaded an app called 'drivesafe.ly' from the blackberry owners lounge recommendation and coincidentally from the same time if you send me a text my phone automatically send you a garbled virus style message. same message every time. any ideas how to deal with this?  

Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: virus style text messages from my phone

What do you mean by a "virus style" text message?  While I have not downloaded the application as I did not like its description at App World is there a setting you have to make for the application to do what it is designed to do?  If I understand the app it among other things gives you a voice transcription of incoming text messages.

As this apparently started after your download you might want to contact the application support people.

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: virus style text messages from my phone

SMDVELO Wrote:

i downloaded an app called 'drivesafe.ly' from the blackberry owners lounge recommendation and coincidentally from the same time if you send me a text my phone automatically send you a garbled virus style message. same message every time. any ideas how to deal with this?  

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Open the application via settings, press advanced, scroll to Auto-respond to TXTs , uncheck the box.

If you have a check mark on the respond, you also have the ability to add your personal message.

You might consider unchecked two other boxes for  reposes to email and especially for  updating your Twitter status.

I have used the product since DEC. Only because I had a hole in my Christmas money pocket.Smiley Very Happy

I haven't had a problem with it., very stable.

Thanks.

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter