Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

voice dialing problem

My BB Curve 8320 can't allocate memory when I try to use voice dialing. It tells me to close apps and try again. I don't have any running! What do I need to do to fix this? Thanks for any help you can give! Barb B
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: voice dialing problem

There is a memory problem on your Blackberry. Are you sure you don't have applications running ? Do you have only 5 ones opened in the application ribbon when you do Alt-Escape ?

You can see how much memory is left by going in the device options, then Status, then the menu button and "Database sizes".

Anyway, you can try to reboot your device. Just open your blackberry, remove the battery, wait for a minute, then plug it in again. You'll then have to wait for about 4 ou 5 minutes before your Blackberry is operationnal.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: voice dialing problem

I don't know about having applications running. I didn't think I did, but, when I rebooted my phone, it worked. Thanks so much!!!!