Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: voice dialing

Hi pglee, and welcome to the forums.

I think you shoud go to the main page find the grey bar and use open new message,

You will have your own thread, which will be seen by more people, and therefore get more help

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: telus

Could try resetting the voice recognition. My new Kia Koup same problem. I am then going to setup my voice recognition when in the car because its a different microphone. My voice perhaps sounds different. I could dial some numbers not others. Go to Voice dialing in options the under voice dialing hit reset.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I just bought a new Kia Forte Koup and had voice dialing problems. So I reset the voice dialing (options, call management, voice dialing). Then I performed the voice adaptation speakerphone via bluetooth with my car's mic and it works much better. One of the problems is it had problems locating entries in the phone book till I told my bluetooth stereo to sync contacts in my phone book. So everytime I use my voice dialing it does find the entry and I dont have problems. Hope that helps. I would suggest this. Just ensure you are doing the voice adaptation via bluetooth in your car over speakerphone. Now that I did that my Kia Koup Stereo can locate the contact I am asking to dial without problems. So reset the voice adaptation via instructions above, then use your speakerphone button in your car and then readapt. Its to do with the difference with your phones microphone and the mic in your car.