Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

voicemail passcode

I was online with International plan for Sprint and was advised to enter my voicemail passcode when using my internationally to receive a voicemail.  I then tried to find out what that was since I wasn't clearheaded enough to ask while online.  But then I realized that with my phone I don't even have a passcode or password.  I just speed dial "1" and am automatically connected to voice mail retrieval without any passcode or password.  Is this something specific to ATT or Verizon?   Am I missing something?  i tried looking in my options menu and was not able to find anything about a password of passcode.  Help.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: voicemail passcode

Hi!

It is likely that your 1 speed dial is pre-programmed with your VM number plus passcode. From within the phone app, click the BBKey and select Options, then Voice Mail. That should show both your VM access number plus your password...well, at least those that are programmed into your BB...as to if those are correct or not, I can't say...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

My password is blank.  is "password" same as "passcode"?  If blank mean I don't need to fill in when prompted?

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Well, when traveling internationally, you are on other networks. What I think you really need to do is to contact your carrier and ask them what you are supposed to do internationally...it will depend on what agreements they have set with the carriers in the countries you are visiting.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................