Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

voicemail reminder sound?

Hello, I've searched this forum and the internet and can't seem to find a way to set an audio voicemail notification reminder sound to persistently notify me as long as a voicemail remains unheard.  Every phone I've ever had "beeps" continually upon a new voicemail until I listened to it.  There must be a way of doing this on the Blackberry Curve??  This seems to be an obviously important feature ... any info on how/if this can be accomplished would be greatly appreciated!
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: voicemail reminder sound?

You will get SMS tone with voice mail mark on the disply on your device. Other then that no saperate tone can be assigned in BlackBerry.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

By far the worst implemented feature on the BlackBerry in my opinion. Every phone I ever owned in the past did this too. If BlackBerry never updates their software to provide alerts then this is going to be the thing I remember about BlackBerry. It is already the first thing I mention when people ask me how I like my BlackBerry. The calm 'well, no" responses to questions like yours from BlackBerry support startle me. It's like buying a brand new car and bringing it back to the dealership for the salesperson to look at you like you're crazy and say "you can turn on the fan but no, the windows themselves do not roll down." Techz
New Contributor

I found salvation in 3rd party software.   I demo'ed 3 different apps, but decided on AlertMatrix ... it's returned not only this basic function, plus a much much much more for $30.  Also, I tried the Blackberry Alerts which seemed good for a about $10 if you just need the basics.

New Contributor

I have been using BerryBuzz but the software is rather buggy.  

Regardless, I find it ridiculous that a feature such as this is not already implemented.  Will my next BlackBerry require me to buy third-party software just to be able to hear the phone ring to begin with? 

My Device: tour9630
My Carrier: verizon

[ Edited ]

Wow, I just got a new Tour and have searching the phone for the same feature! I cannot believe intermittent reminders are not available! It drives me nuts. If I vacuum, take a shower, take out the garbage, go running....I have to go and find my phone to check it in case I missed a call. I HATE this...I want it to keep beeping/toning until I get it! Thank you for the post.

Please keep sharing your experiences with apps that would provide this feature. I need one soon.

New Contributor

Azulmarble, 

After using BerryBuzz for almost a year I will say that it does the job well enough.  It isn't perfect and it costs a few bucks, but it's the best choice.  The flashing features have never worked quite right for me but the tone/vibe reminders usually do. 

That being said, I no longer use it.  Between around 10 email accounts and phone calls the phone is already making enough noise.  Besides, if you end up using your BlackBerry to anything near its full potential you'll be looking at it at least once an hour. 

I still do think that RIM should have this included in the operating system of the phone but I suppose nothing is perfect.  I would always like the option to have reminders, especially for phone calls and trusting 3rd-party software which does not always work isn't my favorite idea.  

There are two things I will be looking for when my current contract is up: 

* audible reminders

* ability to override the 'self-preserve' mode that prevents calls when battery is under 15% charge

I may try out something other than a BlackBerry if those features aren't available when its time for a new phone. 

- techz

New Contributor

fyi, the "10 email accounts and phone calls making enough noise" is why I chose Alert Matrix.  First you set up your type of alerts ... you can set up as many combinations of tones, LED colors (yes your LED has several different colors), vibrations, volume, etc that you want for high priority, low priority, friends, clients, or whatever classification you want.  Then you set up your rules and attach each rule to a type of alert you made.  Rules can be set for email, text, and calls for just about anything situation ... like a certain phone number called, or certain text appears in a text message, or a certain sender of an email, or specific text in the email, ignore a certain person, etc.   Pretty nice if you have a lot of stuff going on, but only want to be notified about certain things.  Hope that helps.