Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9105
My Carrier: virgin

voip certificate

Recently updated my bb messenger and ever since I get a message about a trusted certificate,I allow cert then have to put a keystore password in and all ok until I go out my house the return and it come again ,I realize it is when it tries to connect to my wifi.i have looked in setting and found certificate and the latest one which is voip,blackberry.com has a x next to it where as the rest have ticks.any ideas of how to get rid of this annoying problem thanks in advance for any solutions

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: voip certificate

Hello wilkesy and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

What software does your device have installed?

Does this certificate appear in general or when you connect to your Home WiFi network?

What's the name of the certificate? You may need to scroll down to the bottom to see this information.

Also, when you scroll to the bottom, do you see an option to Always trust the certificate? 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: 9300
My Carrier: movistar

I have the same problem, I have v.5 (I think); the certificate is *.voip.blackberry.com; and I have already tried to use "Always trust", it asks for my password... But again, it appears... It is so annoying. BTW, it is when it tries to connect to wifi network.
Retired

Hello azm555 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Please see KB33968 related to this issue you're experiencing.

Let us know if you're able to dismiss the pop-up.

-HMthePirate

New Contributor
My Device: 9105
My Carrier: virgin

i tried all  the different optiond it gives you but non worked then one day when i came home it never appeaered so thought that was the end of it then it appeared the other day and is annoying as ever .it is when it connects to my wifi at home or if the phone is switched off and back on .i have v5.0.0.884(platform 6.2.0.94)  the cert that isnt trusted is            *.blackberry.com  certificate x509  Public key RSA 2048  subject: CN=*.voip.blackberry.com OU=IT  O=research In Motion limited  L=Waterloo ST=Ontario C=CA Issuer:  CN=Thawte  SSL CA   O=Thawte,inc.C=US serial num....1679 4F1B FB86 F194CA7C 7433 AA89 432A  ETC ETC it goes on and on thanks paul

Highlighted
Retired

Hi wilkesy,

Were you able to import the certificate outlined in KB33968?

If you tried to do so and were unsuccessful then it's advised you contact your mobile network provider and ask for a support ticket to be opened with BlackBerry support so further investigation can be done.

Thanks Smiley Happy

-HMthePirate