Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: none

warranty

Hi, i purchased a 9800 Torch in Hong Kong in 2011 and it came with a 12+12 month warranty.

I'm having issue with the power button-does anyone know how i go about sorting this out.

Regards

biffbaffboff

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: warranty

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

In your original purchase documentation, there should further be instructions as to how to actually exercise your warranty...and that is what you need to read to find out. While BlackBerry provides a 1-year manufacturers warranty, they do not actually service any warranty directly...that front line work is handled by others...usually the original place of purchase or an authorized service center. It can vary by region, and hence why I refer you to your original documentation...for that is the contractually governing document for your specific warranty provisions, which may well override that which BlackBerry extends.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................