06-02-2013 04:12 AM
Last week a drink spilled on my blackberry bold 9790 and i didnt notice for a very long time (it was in a bag). I did all of the wrong things without realising it - tried to switch phone on, took it all apart to dry out then kept re-checking it. I then googled it and put the phone and battery in rice for 5 days, without touching it again. I realise my phone is probably dead but I have a few questions to make sure.
1. The water damage sticker on battery is red, which I have read means that it's water damaged. Where is the sticker on the phone itself? Is there any chance that a new battery would solve the issue?
2. If I try to switch my phone on now nothing happens to the screen but the keyboard lights do light up and also the red led light at the top comes on. Just wondering if this means there's any life left in it!
My husband has the exact same phone so I was wondering whether trying his battery in my phone would be worth a try or will my phone somehow ruin his battery?
Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
06-02-2013 06:21 AM
Leave it out to dry maybe try using a hair dryer but do not put a different battery back in it will ruin it. if this doesnt work you may need to pay to have it properly repaired i hope it works out well
06-02-2013 08:12 AM
The water damage sticker on the phone itself is normally inside the battery housing area, remove the battery and look for a small 1/8th" square sticker.
Yes, you can try your husband's battery in your phone. if you've dried it out for 5 days in dry rice you should be dry, however it it was soda (coke, etc), that will leave a bit of sticky residue which can further damage the device.
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code
06-02-2013 11:50 AM