09-11-2008 02:44 PM
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-11-2008 03:48 PM
If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit
09-14-2008 08:09 PM
It may take a few days for it to dry out completely. Leave the battery out and put it in a warm place like on top of a stereo or TV. The key is to not put the battery in a 'see' if it's still working. Be patient.
I dropped my Pearl in a sink full of water (immediately grabbing it out) and after 48 hours it was fine.
09-14-2008 08:19 PM - edited 09-15-2008 02:42 AM
if this case, a hairdryer is your friend, in order to prevent rust.
if you can afford it,
put your blackberry in a big glass of acetone. It will eject all water. And then it will evaporate very fast.
edit : acetone will deteriorate the LCD screen as well as the plastic parts of your blackberry
09-14-2008 08:26 PM
if you can afford it, put your blackberry in a big glass of acetone. It will eject all water. And then it will evaporate very fast.
This will cause a lot of damage. I strongly recommend against it.
Just let the device air out and don't submerge it in anything. Hair dryer (low or cold setting) and patience. No glass of anything (unless you want to pour a cold one for yourself).
09-14-2008 08:53 PM
Now way at all on the acetone! Talk about killing the LED screen never to be used again!
Do as advised on the hair dryer, and leaving it ALONE, battery OUT, for 3-5 days, Err on the side of caution with 5 days. Battery out, no checking after a day. Leaving it in a box of rice has been successful for many , as well as being placed on top of a heat emitting CRT or stereo system, or your cable tuner box.
It is inserting the battery and peeking to see if it is ok that fries the electronics.
Using isopropyl aclohol brushed gently on the device circuit board can help if you have other minerals (like salt water) or something sticky (like coke or beer) spilled on the device. But be certain to be careful around the LED screen as it will be ruined by liquids.
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code
09-15-2008 02:44 PM
Another suggestion: put it in a sealed plastic bag for a day or so with a box or silica gel, which will absorb the humidity.
Silica gel is the stuff inside the little envelopes you find in pill bottles. You can find bigger packages of this stuff in gun shops and in Wal-Mart, in the hardware or gun section.
Hope this helps!
09-17-2008 07:28 PM
06-19-2009 03:44 PM
06-20-2009 04:21 PM