Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

water damage

hiya please tell me someone can help me i recently dropped my blackberry pearl in a deep puddle i took the battery out straight away but it still whant charge or turn on pleaser please please tell me it will work again please someone please help me!!!! lv emmski123
Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8130

Re: water damage

Put the phone in a bag of uncooked rice (with battery still removed) and set it in a warm place for a few days. The rice should wick the moisture from the phone.

Then try placing the battery back in the phone and see if it will function.

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Ditto the above.

The key is removing the battery early and keeping it out SEVERAL days (like 3-5). Putting the battery back in the first day can kill the device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

So tell us is the phone a done deal? or did it work again?

THANK YOU to the folks that recommended the rice trick. I dropped my curve in the toilet (yuck). I got on here and read up. I had wrapped it some of those Sham wow towels the first day, trying to think of something that absorbs water. The rice did not occur to me at first. Anyway, I waited for two days. The first day using sham wow the second day a bowl of white rice. I had read where people said just don't get impatient. I just  now tried it out after 48 hours and it seems to be working just fine so far. I can't believe it!!!! I am really in no position to buy a new one right now.... I am sooooo happy. (even with insurance it is still a big hassle and over $100 if they will even cover water damage)..

So....to other people looking for advice from someone who got their Blackberry  to work after dropping in water

do not try to turn the phone on, the guy at t-mobile told me that was the main thing people do wrong

put it in a bowl of rice and wait for at least 48 hours. Do not get impatient!!! I am here to tell you, it can work!!