Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: water damage

aimaaditya wrote:

Hi,

I have a strange water like droplet in the centre of my screen (9300). The screen works fine, and the drop seems to be trapped in between screen and top plastic cover.

I dont know how it got there, it was never wet. I put it on top of coffee vending machine. The spot disappears but comes back when phone comes abck to normal temp.

Please help. It seems the vapor has no way to come out of the screen.

Hello,

Post 13 in this thread has a link to an FAQ article that might have useful information for you.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Airtel

Hey, thanks done just removed the plastic cover and wiped it off...
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Plastic Cover? As in the original shipping protective plastic? Good discovery...though I honestly didn't even consider that...I always remove those shipping plastics when I get any new device. Good find!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Airtel

No the actual one havinng the menu, red, green and back key...
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: vodafone

My blackberry was water damaged over a month ago i have left it to dry and when i try and start it it restarts and gets 3/4 of the way through and then goes to a white screen and says reset.....any ideas what i can do to get it to work again?

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

try reloading the OS, and hope that it fixed the error. i too got afew of those and reloading the OS fixed it

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Virgin Moblie

HEY i just put my phone in the washer it was only in there for tops 3 mins,but i was really wet when i took it out, i took the battery out and blow dryed it then tried t check if it worked then took the battery out again and put it in rice Smiley Sad im freaking out! now what?
Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

KJonston8898 wrote:
HEY i just put my phone in the washer it was only in there for tops 3 mins,but i was really wet when i took it out, i took the battery out and blow dryed it then tried t check if it worked then took the battery out again and put it in rice Smiley Sad im freaking out! now what?

How well would you do under water for three whole minutes?

If you keep putting the battery in to check it, you're going to fry it and kiss it bye bye.

Follow the instructions below, especially the part about REMOVE THE BATTERY and 3-5 days.

It sounds like what I have seen multiple times on a device with moisture damage.
Even sitting on a bathroom counter during a hot steamy shower or bath can cause keyboard and trackball problems UNTIL properly dried out. It really is more common than you think.
1. Remove the battery immediately!! Do not attempt to turn on your BlackBerry.
2. Let the device dry in a warm, dry place for 3 to 5 days* (see below)
3. DO NOT "check it each day" by placing the battery in. Leave it be to dry completely. This takes time. Replacing the battery to check it can only damage it more (moisture + electrical current = disaster).
4. If the device is warm after the drying period, allow it to cool to room temperature before placing the battery back in.

Suggestions on drying your BlackBerry in a warm place (open, with the battery out):
*Place the BB in a container of dry UNcooked rice, and then you might also place it in any of the locations mentioned below.
*On top of any dry heat emitting electronic component: TV cabinet or CRT, LCD, cable TV/Satellite converter box or plasma monitor
*On the dashboard of your car on a sunny day

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: vodafone

Hi, I had my blackberry in my bag along with a bottle of perfume. The perfume leaked all over my bag and onto my blackberry. I turned it on and the screen is blotchy  and half of the keys dont work. It is currently drying but do you think it is dead or could I get it repaired?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

so lunz49, how is your perfumed Curve?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: