Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: blackberry

Re: what does "uncaught exception:java.lang.Error" mean, it appears on my screan

Could someone please help me please, my phone rebooted it self and and know it won't come on, uncaught excpetions java.lang comes on to my sreen an the only thing I can click is ok I can't get on to my phone atall to try the things you have suggested
Highlighted
My Device: blackberry bold6 9790
My Carrier: me

Re: what does "uncaught exception:java.lang.Error" mean, it appears on my screan

My BlackBerry 9790 keeps showing me jvm error and i keep resetting the phone but its still showing same thing. Please what can i do??????
Visitor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: 562-252-2382

I too get the message "Uncaught exception: java.lang.arraylidexOutOfBoundsException" then the screen clears and a white screen appears and says "App Error 603. Reset". Then when I touched the screen or the main button the phone restarts and then does the same thing all over again.

So, here is my question to you all. Is it possible for me to connect the BB to my computer and transfer my address book file and then load it on my new phone? I did not want to write a lot of unnecessary information on my first posting here, just short and sweet, but if there is information that is needed to answer my question please send it to me and I will answer right away.

Thank you all in advance for your time and help with this.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

toastmister wrote:

I too get the message "Uncaught exception: java.lang.arraylidexOutOfBoundsException" then the screen clears and a white screen appears and says "App Error 603. Reset". Then when I touched the screen or the main button the phone restarts and then does the same thing all over again.

Beyond what is already posted above, there is this:

• Article ID: KB29130 Receiving "app error 603" or "app error 523" after registration to the cellular network
  • Article ID: KB23951 "Error 603", "App Error 603", or "JVM 603" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone

toastmister wrote:

So, here is my question to you all. Is it possible for me to connect the BB to my computer and transfer my address book file and then load it on my new phone?

If your BB will not run stable, then no. However, you might be able to run it stable in Safe Mode to take a backup:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode and stable, proceed immediately with taking a full and complete backup (as documented via the link in my auto-sig).

If the device will not run stable even in Safe Mode, then there is no way to take a backup of your data. This would, of course, only serve to validate that backups are neither a reactive nor an optional activity...like insurance, the time to take backups is before something goes wrong.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: airtel

Hi,

I have a bold 9780 os 6 and was having trouble with my apps. i could only use the browser on the 3G network, but no apps. i got this fixed but now my browser has stopped working

in fact every time i launch these -  browser/ youtube/ google/ gmail it says:

uncaught exception: java.lang.ClassCastException

i have

a) rebooted the device. the error still persists

b) typed alt+lglg. didnt find any mention of an uncaught exception

need help!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

ngawang wrote:

Hi,

I have a bold 9780 os 6 and was having trouble with my apps. i could only use the browser on the 3G network, but no apps. i got this fixed but now my browser has stopped working

in fact every time i launch these -  browser/ youtube/ google/ gmail it says:

uncaught exception: java.lang.ClassCastException

i have

a) rebooted the device. the error still persists

b) typed alt+lglg. didnt find any mention of an uncaught exception

need help!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

There is much more than that listed in post 2 above in this thread. Please scroll up and try the other things listed.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................