Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

what is The reason for the problem:5.3.0 - Other mail system problem 550-'5.7.1 Command rejected'

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: what is The reason for the problem:5.3.0 - Other mail system problem 550-'5.7.1 Command rejected'

You've posted a vague statement in the Welcomes and Introductions section of this forum.

Please give details of what you need.

It is always helpful to receive help, to include your exact BlackBerry device model # and carrier name, so that when you have a question, that information won't need to be asked up front. Also, stating your device Operating System version is normally another common question, found on your BlackBerry at Options > About, third line down, looks like "v4.x.x.xxx"

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: what is The reason for the problem:5.3.0 - Other mail system problem 550-'5.7.1 Command rejected'

hello,

the 550 error is a technical error that is to be interpreted by email servers, not human people.

when you send an email, you go through an SMTP chain that goes like this :

your MUA -> your MTA -> MTA2 -> MTA3 -> MTA4 -> TheirMTA(imap/pop) -> ThierMUA

• MUA stands for Mail User Agent, it is a mail client.
  • MTA stands for Mail Transport Agent, it is an element of all the email servers on the intranet and the internet thrhough which your email goes before getting to the MUA of the recipient.
  • SMTP is the name of the email protocol, just like HTTP is the name of the web protocol and FTP is the name of a file transfer protocol.

• the 550 error means that one of the MTA has refused your email.
  • the 5.7.1 explains the reason why the email was refused.
  • in your case, the "command rejected" means that one of the MTA has tried using a SMTP command that is refused by the other MTA.

you cannot do anything except forwarding that error message to postmaster@ddd.com where ddd.com is your email provider.

This issue is absolutely not related to your MUA, meaning it has nothing to do with using a BlackBerry.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: