Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

what is ndkdump?

I have folders that show up on the root directory of my memory card named NDKDump- followed by a string of numbers, and inside each is a file named coredump.bin that is exactly 98mb. Since I have enough of these to almost equal a gig, I would like to know why they are there and if it is safe to delete them.

Thanks for your help!
My Device: Curve 9330

Re: what is ndkdump?

I have the same problem it is using up my entie memory card and I need that space back somebody please tell me it is safe to erase these folders.

New Contributor

I have been told they are just core dumps from the webkit browser when it has a problem. Unless you work as a developer at RIM on the browser itself, it is useless clutter and can be safely wiped away.
My Device: bold
My Carrier: verizon

Do you know how to prevent the ndkdump file from going to the media card. it appears on my card weekly and within a month i have no space left.

My Device: Curve 3G 9330

I was able to verify your post with RIM Technical Support today. They said it is fine to delete , no issues will occur.

Why NDKDump files can be deleted from a Blackberry flash memory device

Use this information to determine what you wish to do with NDKDumpfiles on a flash drive. Blackberry devices that are working in an environment not serviced by qualified network administrators create NDKDump files as follows when the described conditions are encountered. You can safely delete these dump files in most instances, however the recovery or harvest of memory on the flash device will generally be minimal because these are per instance, therefor per file resolutions by the Blackberry device generating them. More at:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/16619/BlackBerry_Controller_KIL_1020302_11.jsp
BlackBerry Controller known issues

If the BlackBerry Controller creates multiple consecutive dumps on hung threads, the latest dump file overwrites the previous dump file if the latest file is created in the same minute as the previous dump file; the dump files are named based on the minute that they are created. (SDR 214488)

If a message arrived in a user's mailbox and the date (PR_CLIENT_SUBMIT_TIME) was in the future the BlackBerry Messaging Agent performed a memory dump. (DT 187828)

BlackBerry Messaging Agent known issues
In an environment that includes MAPI and CDO 6.5.8147.0, the BlackBerry Messaging Agent and the BlackBerry Mail Store Service intermittently write memory dumps to their log files and the BlackBerry Mail Store Service also writes access control violations to its log file. (DT 518228, DT 396427)Workaround: Choose one of the following options:
• If your organization is not using Microsoft® Exchange 2010, downgrade to MAPI and CDO 6.5.8131.0.
• Wait for the pending fix from Microsoft.