Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: du

what is the latest version of os 6 , how i can update my os please help me

help me please am using blackberry 9780 ,and i need to update my os , i need to know first that what is thre latest version of os6 which released , and the steps for updating it , please help me

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: what is the latest version of os 6 , how i can update my os please help me

The easiest way to update your phone is to use BlackBerry Desktop Software.  If you don't have it installed on your PC, go to www.blackberry.com/desktop from your PC browser.

Once you open BDS with your phone plugged in, click Device at the top of the software then Update.  If your carrier has an updated version of your OS, you'll be prompted to load it.  If it says you're already up to date, you can click View Other Versions to reload the current version.  Reloading your current OS to your phone sometimes helps if you're having problems with your phone.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

P.S.  I'm not sure what the latest version of OS 6 is.  Sorry.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: du

Re: what is the latest version of os 6 , how i can update my os please help me

Thanks for your kind reply
have already BDS installed in my pc , and i looked for updates by clicking device - update-view other version and its seems that currently installed is 6.0 bundle 2475(v6.0.0.546 platform 6.6.0.207)