Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry curve 9220
My Carrier: airtel

whatsapp not working on wifi

I have bb curve 9220 and I decided to turn off BBM forever because its of no use for me now. So I stopped paying the monthly bbm activation which automatically stopped my whatsapp from working. I want my whatsapp to work but it won't work without the monthly pay but its not even working with wifi! What to do? & can it work with the internet card?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: whatsapp not working on wifi

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Only your mobile service provider can tell you what services will and will not work via the specific plan you have from them. No one else can know such details. It is entirely possible that, on the plan you have degraded to, WhatsApp is not an allowed app (I've read that it requires an active BIS-level data plan).

The BB-proprietary services utilize servers and services that are hosted by the carriers and BlackBerry. Since these are solely for BB users, the data plan must specifically enable them (at additional charge in many markets). And subscription to an adequate data plan is required regardless of the data pathway used -- via WiFi or carrier data network, an adequate data plan is still required to use this proprietary infrastructure.

So, the best thing to do is to carefully select the specific services you desire to use, and then talk to your mobile service provider about the required data plan level so as to enable those services. If there is a specific non-BB app involved in what you desire to use (e.g., WhatsApp), then you should further seek information from the app developer concerning the data plan requirements that their app may have.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: blackberry Bold
My Carrier: you broadband

whatsapp not working on wifi

Whatsapp is not working on wifi on my BB bold even though it having full range!! Plz help me ASAP