Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Loop mobile

whatsapp not working over wifi

I hav activated BIS mail and messaging plan on my blackberry 9300. And I am not able to use whatsapp on wifi, following is the error I am getting.
Unexpected error: java.io.IOException: Failed to transmit
Plz help asap..
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: whatsapp not working over wifi

When surfing on Wi-Fi, your Data Services have to remain on.  Are they?  You'll find the setting under Manage Connections>Mobile Network Options.  You can turn your Mobile Network connection off, but those Data Services must be switched to ON.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: blackberry 9580
My Carrier: ?

I have tried this by your hint, But it can,t send sms when network is off?
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

i am having the same issues since upgrading it to the latest version v.2.6.9372..

can you plss help me with it?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Same question for you:  Are your Data Services set to ON?  You'll find the setting by going on your homescreen to Manage Connections>Mobile Network Options.

Please post back.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Yes.. The data services is set to on.. I checked it immediately when I read the advice above.. But still doesn't seem to func..
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: telstra

change another active sim card, if BB is network locked then use same network active card and try activate whatsapp & enter the new sim number, it will get through, then change back your usual sim, it works.... I tried this & worked, message me if this works

Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: zain

thank you so much  it worked with me..thou  i had to delet whatsapp and reinstall it but it worked thank God..I am not sure why it happend..I have a plane for a month and i used to connect though my sis Iphone but after the plan i could not to whatsapp ....

My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: mtctouch

sorry but can you explain to me more what to do ? i didnt understand ! what is active sim card ? how does a bb is network locked ? ty Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve OS6
My Carrier: globe

me too. i'm having the same problem. so, the bottomline is, if it still doesn't work on connection settings, the problem would be from the SIM card? so, i have to use a different SIM card? hmmmmm ty for ur answers. ...