Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: vodacom

whatsapp

I have a blackberry 9300 I have a problem with it sometimes it display that small clock for an hour than it shows a white screen with reset in the middle but main problem is my whatsapp it also giving me problems whenever I restart my phone or reboot it deletes everything I was chatting and my media card is working well and its not full please help my chat history is on and I have a 4gig media card and I have reinstalled it many times just to see if the problem continues and it does continue and I have deleted it many times now I don't know what to
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: whatsapp

Go to Options. Type in "Storage" in the search bar. Click on Storage. Post the number next to "Application Memory."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Application storage 24,6MB
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Application Memory is very low. That's likely what is causing your problems. Remove the battery and reboot. What is the application memory immediately after a reboot?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Its very high after reboot 250MB than few days it goes down
Guru II

Open a new email. In the body of the email type "myver" (without the quotes) and hit space. What is the OS version that shows up?

New Contributor

9300/6.0.0.668
Guru II

I would try this.

Make a full backup with Desktop Software.

Then go to Options and type "security wipe" in the search bar. Do the security wipe and remove all data AND 3rd party apps.

Run the device for a little while before restoring your data or reloading any apps and see if the problem persists.

New Contributor

Thanks for your help but the thing is I did do the security wipe without backing up anything with the desktop software and it only solved the problem of showing that small clock for an hour now the problem is whatsapp only whenever the phone switches off like restart it or reboot it the chat history will be gone its gonna show the older like two weeks back or month and the chat history is on and set to media card and I have a 4gig memory card in and its not full