Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: ATT
Accepted Solution

when i select messages on the main screen, it shows texts instead. how do i correct this?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: when i select messages on the main screen, it shows texts instead. how do i correct this?

Your Messages folder on your homescreen is where all your sent/received messages are grouped.  This includes email, text, facebook, etc.

Press the Messages icon and you will see the most previous message or thread.  If you push the menu button, which is the BlackBerry button to the left of the trackpad, you'll have the option to compose many types of messages.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Re: when i select messages on the main screen, it shows texts instead. how do i correct this?

Actually, it is not showing anything, but texts.  I have no way to access my email messages unless I go to the small view area at the very top and once I click on it and view it, it disappears.  it is as if there is a setting that has made the messages key go to texts instead.

Elite II

Okay, try this.

Click the Messages icon then press the menu key.  Select Options>Inbox Management.  From there, make sure your default email address and text messages are both checked, then press the menu key again and select Save.

Does that do the trick?

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

when I click on the Messages box, the title at the top of the screen says Text Messages.  it is defaulting to that box for some reason.  I still clicked the Menu button as suggested and options.  My choices are General Test messaging Options, SMS Text and MMS.  I am guessing there is some default setting that has the phone "thinking" that the Messages option IS the Text Option

Elite II

Alrighty, stick with me..........

Try pulling your battery.  Maybe your phone just needs the slap in the face that a battery pull supplies.

With your phone powered on, remove the battery then replace it a minute later.

I'm thinking if that doesn't do it, re-installing the OS might be in order, but let's try that battery thingy first.

New Contributor

You stud. Totally worked. Gracias.