Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry pearl flip 8220
My Carrier: digicel

where did my BB App World icon go?

Ok, so I've downloaded the latest update for the BB App World, and after it rebooted I can't find the BB App World icon anywhere!

Can anybody please help me with this? It's not on the homescreen or any folders. I've looked for it 3 times. It just vanished.

Help!!!!

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: where did my BB App World icon go?

Hey Jentje,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

I would suggest that you do a register now which is located under Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table.

Press the menu key and select Register Now.  Then check to see if App World re-appears.'

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: verizon

I'm having the same problem. Everything was setup and working just fine (Bold 9650 OS 5). Then I updated to OS 6. Afterwards, AppWorld is not visible anywhere, but it does show up as installed in Application Managment.

I managed to find "Host Routing Table", in OS 6, it is not at the path specified... I "registered" and recieved a confirmation message, but still no AppWorld. I restarted the device and still no luck.

Does "Enterprise Activation" need to be repeated after installing OS 6?

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey Rick20K,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

With performing an app load I do suggest performing an enterprise activation if you're having trouble receiving emails.

I honestly perform an enterprise activation after every update.

If the application is still not appearing try re-downloading the application from www.blackberry.com/appworld and once completed, restart the BlackBerry and it should appear on your home screen.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: verizon

Email and everything else seems to work just fine so enterprise activation may not be needed. I just now re-downloaded and installed AppWorld, it indicated a version downgrade, I allowed it, it installed and is now visible... Navigating the new OS, combined with an invisible appworld makes for a real pain...

But it's fixed now, thank you for your help.

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: movistar

Hi i did the register thing but it still won't show....any more suggestions?
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi! I'm having the same problem: I just installed App World v.2.1.2.15, but after I rebooted my device, the icon disappeared and isn't in any folder. I have a BlackBerry 8520 v4.6.1.314 (Platform 4.2.0.135). I performed all the actions suggested above, and re-downloaded the App World around 3 times, but the icon is still gone from all menus. I would appreciate any help & assistance very much! Thank you!
My Device: 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hey I'm having exactly the same issue with my phone. And I have an 8520 too. Some help would be great!! Thankyou.
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Digicel

Hi am have the same problem as above, I have the same phone curve 8520 and has done every thing as stated above and it still has not appear please help.
Babesbrowny
New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: vodaphone

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same problem on my 8520, I just cannot get the app wprld icon to show up after upgrading to the latest version. It's driving me nuts!!!!