Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

where is my email

I have my computer and blackberry set to receive emails for the same addresses.  Three of my accounts work fine and quickly however my work address is hours late.  Today I received an email on the blackberry at 11:42 and still do not have it at 2:20.  On Wednesday at 5:10 I got an email on the bb and the computer did not receive the email until 4:20 the next day.  Both these had attachments that could only be viewed on the computer.

I have reviewed my bb settings and all accounts are set the same way except that emails sent from my bb work address are copied to my work address to I get them on my computer too.

Any ideas?

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: where is my email

Sounds to me like your BlackBerry is working fine, but your PC has the problem.  My guess from your description is that your mail client on the PC is having problems connecting/synchronizing with your email servers.  If you are using public hosted email like hotmail or google, does it show up if you go to the website vs. pulling down to the PC?
posted by DigitalFrog

I suddenly lost most of my emails this afternoon after following AT&T's instructions to change my security settings on my client email POP/SMTP settings. At the top of my bb screen I now see "1" with what looks like an audio cassette.

My PC e-mails seem to be working find but my bb is very messed up. I'm not tech savy, so if anyone can offer insight, please use layman terms...

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

the 1 and audio cassette indicator is that you have voicemail waiting.

What settings did ATT tell you to use?

posted by DigitalFrog

The told me to change my POP server to pop.att.yahoo.com, my SMTP server to smtp.att.yahoo.com, use an encripted connection and change the SMTP port to 465 and my POP port to 995. I made all of these changes on a Saturday, and by Monday I began receiving all of my e-mail on my BB, except for any items I had viewed on my PC. So... it seems that things are now working properly. What was frustrating was that there was no documentation about this issue and the guy at AT&T where I bought the phone was clueless. That's not good customer support and I lost a lot of billable time trying to resolve the problem. Oh well... life goes on and I've come away from the experience with a bit more knowledge between my ears.