Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: STC
Accepted Solution

which update we should download if there is 2 versions 278/695?

whichi is the most updated one , and which one we should download? and if i have the 278 can i go for 695 as upgrade or downgrade?

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.695 (Multilanguage)

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.695 (Asia)

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.695 (All Languages - East Asia Languages Included)

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.278 (English)

Musti
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: which update we should download if there is 2 versions 278/695?

The best update is the one that is offered officially by your carrier as you can get support from them in the event that something goes wrong.  Updating to OS versions offered by other carriers is possible, but your carrier will not support those versions.

As to which is best, it's all relative.  Generally speaking, the higher the OS version, the more recent the OS and the more improvements there are, but that is not always the case.  Also, as a heads up, you have listed the package versions for the OS, no the software versions... the software version is actually the version that will let you know what OS you are installing.  I believe the most recent OS available for the Torch 9800 is 6.0.0.246 (package version 6.0.0.695).  The latest version (6.0.0.246) contains a number of improvements over the previous OS version and I would suggest running this version.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

you mean : 6.0.0.246 is the same (package version 6.0.0.695)?

so if i have the 278 which is only in english and i wanted to have the multi language version with best updates i can download 695? FYI mine is unlucked will this be a problem?

Musti
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

It doesn't matter if the device is unlocked as this won't affect the unlock.  But if your phone is unlocked, then you can install any OS version from any carrier since you're carrier will provide limited support as is.  

One thing to note is that if you want to install an OS from a different carrier than the one the phone originally came from, you will need to delete the Vendor.xml file.  You can find this file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader (C:\Program Files (x86)... on 64-bit computers).  Then, to install the OS, simply run the Loader.exe file located in the same folder.  At this point, pretty much all of the carriers have updated to OS version 6.0.0.246 (package version 6.0.0.695), so you should have no problem finding and downloading the version you want. 

If you need any other assistance with this, let us know.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

man i updated it just now , i hope will not face any problem its working great.

thank you alot

Musti