06-30-2014 07:30 PM
Hmmm...pretty difficult to understand "nothing is working"...the links themselves don't work? The instructions in them don't work? The instructions work but produce no help? Something else? Sorry...but I just can't understand from those brief words...
Rather than continue to guess, let me give you a full and complete procedure, to be done on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below. (likely moot in your situation...but, then again, I'm having a lot of trouble understanding the details of your situation...so maybe not moot)
2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
6a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.
6b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:
If, during the processes of 6a or 6b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
You may also want to investigate the use of BBSAK (bbsak.org) to perform the wipe it is capable of.
You may also want to try the "Bare Bones OS Reload Procedure" to attempt to narrow down the precise causal item:
When the behavior presents, you know the culprit...the last thing you loaded.
If the behavior does not re-present, then you know that either step 1 or 2 cured it.
If the behavior presents no matter what, then you likely have a hardware level issue for which no amount of OS or software can cure.
You may also need the use of these tricks (substitute LOADER.EXE if any suggest using any update websites):
Good luck and let us know!
07-01-2014 04:31 PM
07-01-2014 04:46 PM - edited 07-01-2014 04:47 PM
OK, so I think, from that equally brief reply, that you tried one iteration of all I provided, and didn't tell us what versions you used, nor that you tried anything else provided (except for BBSAK), nor if you tried any other versions (the iterative Bare Bones process). So, still difficult to guide you, lacking understanding from you. Also, recall from the above:
I cannot tell you if this is or is not the case, but the processes I've given you, if carried out, can help you narrow down to this being a likely cause. Or, you can seek warranty support if you still have that. Or, you can seek fee-based support from a local (to you) qualified BB technician.
Or, you just can give up. The choice is totally up to you.
07-01-2014 06:52 PM