Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

white screen of death

i have the white screen of death on my blackberry cure it wont do anything else i have wiped everything in it the sicker on the battery is red and have tried puttin another os on it but havent got very far  ive tried downgrading the soft were for it all so it sayd completed but i still have a white screen can anyone help

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: white screen of death

emmababey123 wrote:

i have the white screen of death on my blackberry cure it wont do anything else i have wiped everything in it the sicker on the battery is red and have tried puttin another os on it but havent got very far  ive tried downgrading the soft were for it all so it sayd completed but i still have a white screen can anyone help

Hi emmababey123

Red indicates that your BlackBerry had suffered a moisture intrusion or your device got wet in the past ,Can you confirm that .. think carefully ? If it's then I doubt a simple software reload will work .  

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

ys it has had water to it i was out on saterday when loads of rain came down i thought it might have been the battery cos the battery stick is red and the other sticker on the fone is white is ther anyway possible i  can fix this

Elite II

Hi there,

If our BlackBerry ever got wet then we should not try to Turn it ON to see if it works . Should immediately remove the Battery , also SIM  and Media Card. We should place it in a bag of Uncooked rice which absorb the moisture . Should leave it for atleast 3 to 4 days unless we are sure that moisture has been completely absorbed . Then we should place our BlackBerry on any heat emitting surface like stabilizer , Or in the dashboard of a car on a sunny day. Before inserting the battery we should be sure that it is completely dry.

Have you done this after your device got wet ?

Still after following those steps it is not guarantied that our device will be trouble free and will perform as earlier , because when moisture or any liquid substance enter our BlackBerry  it starts corrosion which leads to problem like quick battery drainage , problem in typing and many more .

In all condition we should try to avoid our BlackBerry from any moisture intrusion or any liquid.

So if you ask me my personal opinion then my advice will be to buy a new device or even a used one will work better then repairing your water damaged device . 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

thanks i have watched countless of youtube videos of trying to fix it thes 1 i dident try is the red sticker inder the left button right at the very top but i cant get the scrws undone so i think its probs best if i just take it to a shop see if they cant sort it 

Elite II

Hi emma

It's a good decision to visit a repair shop , but first ask them about repair charges , if it's more then average then you should go for a new device or even a used one . Sometime repairing a water damaged device cost much and even that repair shop will not guaranty about the long term success . So invest your money wisely.

New Contributor

yes i will thanks for all your help

Elite II

You are welcome .. and Good luck.