Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

why 2 email icons

I love my new BB after about two weeks of use. I am still confused about why I have two email icons. I thought I'd figure out the reason/usage by now, but am still not sure. Thanks, Sharon PS also, how do you move back through a word to fix a spelling error without erasing the whole word?
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: why 2 email icons

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Do your emails show in your message queue?

When you mispell a word take your cursor and click on it and you can fix it without retyping the whole line!

Please let me know!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Re: Re: why 2 email icons

I have two mail icons on my desktop...one has a world on it and shows my email address when I pass the rollerball over it. The other is an identical envelope without a globe, but seems to catch almost the same emails when they come in. Also, sometimes when I delete from the globe one, it sometimes picks up that mail. Thanks for the rollerball tip...can't believe I didn't think of that for correcting spelling...too used to a computer keyboard with arrows, I guess!
Guru I

Re: Re: why 2 email icons

[ Edited ]

The envelope without the globe is your message queue. All emails should go into there, as well as missed calls.

text can go in there unless you want to split those out. The globe with your email address is a message queue for just the email address. I use the message queue, hide the globe. I made a folder on the home screen for apps I don't use and keep them in there to eliminate clutter.

If you need more assistance please ask, if not please resolve the post with the options over the Kudo's star.

Thanks!

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-17-2008 05:54 PM

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

Re: Re: Re: why 2 email icons

Thanks, all set now, but don't know what you mean by kudos star...sorry!
Highlighted
Guru I

Re: Re: Re: why 2 email icons

Look to the right of this box and see the yellow star? Over the top is options.

That's where you can resolve the thread. That way others can find resolutions faster.

Glad you got your answers!

Thanks!