Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: t-mobile

why can't i check in on facebook

every single time i try to check in on facebook it keeps saying unable to retrieve your location.  is anyone able to help me with this 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: why can't i check in on facebook

Hi and welcome to the forums!

KB24962 How to enable and configure Places in Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones

"When setting up Places on Facebook® for BlackBerry® smartphones, there are a few steps that must be taken to allow the application to find your location and check-in.

It is important to note that by default, the option Share my Location with Facebook is disabled (unchecked) and may also appear as a non-editable/grayed checkbox. This option will remain grayed out until the application is able to determine that you have allowed Facebook to use Places and you have accepted the Places disclaimer"

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: t-mobile

Re: why can't i check in on facebook

thanks for the quick reply, i have just double checked and i already have the share with facebook bit enabled