Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: playbook
My Carrier: tmobile

why my review deleted?

i hv downloaded map of los angeles from app world. i feel it is so terrible, so i wrote the review on app world. But now it was deleted. in fact, no review for these series of softwares. i am shocked at this. plz give me an explanation. if bad reviews can be easily deleted, how customers can avoid buying this terrible software again?

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: why my review deleted?

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here.

You might ask the developer.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

jamesshen089, actually you've simply encountered a problem many of us have seen and complained about in the past.

Developers are able to "deny" reviews at will, and although RIM sometimes claims that they need to provide a reason, and that a request will be reviewed by RIM staff before being accepted, in practice there is no place for developers even to provide a "reason", and RIM (to my knowledge) has never turned down a request to deny a review, no matter how valid it was.

The developer of the app you are complaining about is well known (for example see the dozen or so threads in CrackBerry.com about it) for denying basically all bad reviews, as well as (apparently) "stuffing" the ratings with 5-star reviews submitted by himself and friends.

It's abhorrent behaviour that gives App World, RIM, and other developers a bad name, but for now there's nothing you can do about it except complain to the developer (which many have, with no response ever reported) or ask RIM for a refund.

Refunds have been granted in some cases. See the following post, and read the whole thread if you want to see some background: http://forums.crackberry.com/playbook-apps-games-f243/gps-app-skylabs-mobile-systems-scam-644315/ind...

Good luck, and be sure to let us know how things turned out for you.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

These practices are completely unethical and would like to start a thread where users can post negative reviews. We can 't count on RIM to help us, unfortunately. And the developers are obviously cashing in on RIM's hands-off approach, and their unethical practices. That leaves us with a few options, either buys apps at our own risk, or buy a tablet with a different OS.