Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9000 Bold

wi-fi conection

I am having trouble connecting my Blackberry Bold to the Wi-Fi. I have noticed that in connections on the right hand side of the wi-fi connection there is a white dash and not a green tick. I have tested the Blackberry in every possible way and it will not connect. It was working well a few days ago.The Wi-Fi works with other computers.
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Re: wi-fi conection

I suggest going through the Wi-Fi Setup again. I purchased my Bold yesterday and going through the wizard got me connected to the Wi-Fi and paied it with my computer through bluetooth.

If going through the wizard again fails, then you might have some sort of filter or restriction on your router that stops your phone from connecting. Check your router's Wi-Fi settings, if you have a password on your Wi-Fi make sure you're typing it correctly (pay attention to UPPER and lower case letters and numbers if you got any).

I hope you get it worked out.

Ahmed Eltawil
Senior Systems Developer
IES Group Inc.

Remember to mark your thread as 'Solved' and to give those who helped some precious 'Kudos'.
My Device: Not Specified

I too have the same problem as Shana, my wifi shows in the main home screen "wifi symbol" and beside mobile network displayes wifi network, but under manage connections the wifi network lists in green the network address and to the right a white dash, previously this was a green tick. any advice.

PS just as I have finished typing this I checked my BB and long behold the green tick has returned, so whats going on?

Hello,

I do have the same problem : wi-fi used to work well (switching automatically from mobile to wi-fi network)

but since a few days the wi-fi icon stays grey, network name appears, the connection is indicated with a white dash (and not a green mark).

So if I use the browser, the phone network while be used instead of the wi-fi.

but if I cut the phone connection,then the wi-fi will be used.

so : wi-fi works but is not prioritary versus mobile network.

How can we fix that ?

thanks

Highlighted

Re: wi-fi connection

Each time I set up a wifi connection there was no issue connecting to the network. This morning my phone no longer connected to the WAP at work in either manual or auto mode. I have it working now so I will share what I did.

I added a new connection, searching for surrounding WAPs. Selected the WAP that it found (it didn't find one right away, even though I sit 10 ft from the access point!). Interestingly enough the SSIDs on the WAPs at work are not always consistent with upper and lower case. The device saw the uppercase version of the SSID as a new access point. I entered my security information. From there when presented with the "connect" button I pressed it and the phone associated just fine.

A) Maybe case actually matters to the device for SSID. Not something a laptop seems to distinguish.

B) Maybe pressing the connect button is the key and the current user interface fails to expose this in a more obvious way.

Can anyone else verify a similar experience?

New Contributor

Re: wi-fi connection

I have a similar problem too. My bold does connect to my home wifi but when I use the hot spot browser, it says no data services. 

I have already registered my bold mac address on the router. no luck. any solution is welcome