Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: smart communications

wifi connection for blackberrry curve 8520

hi! I am a new member of this site and wishes that someone could help me out re: wifi connection of my device.

i wasnt able to use my device to surf. i believe it is wifi-ready. our house is a hotspot for we have a modem for internet. whener i turned the connection of wifi in my handset, our wifi name appears on my BB screen, Wi-fi logo also shows near the signal bar, but sill i cant access the internet. when i go to manage connections to check all the connections i made, Wi-fi box doesnt have a check mark, it only shows dash sign (-). Can you help me turn that sign to check mark as be visible to manage connections from home screen so i could use and surf the internet.it could be very helpful for me if you could send me step by step procedure so i could follow the procedures correctly.

thank you.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: wifi connection for blackberrry curve 8520

Hi ninarollaine,

Do you currently have a BlackBerry data plan with your wireless network provider? Some network providers requre you have a BlackBerry data plan to browse, even when on Wi-Fi.  I would recommend contacting them for more information.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: wifi connection for blackberrry curve 8520

Hi,

You seem to be having the same problem as myself, but it wasn't a problem for me from March 2012  when I got the Blackberry phone until January this year.  This I do not understand.  Now it costs me if I want to use my internet or check emails so I don't use the phone for this anymore.  My provider said it's Blackberry who are taking the daily charge from me?  It's too expensive to ring Blackberry in the US to sort this out.