Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

wifi connection

I recently bought a curve black berry. my cell phone carrier is T mobile, my internet service provider is verison FIOS. I am not able to connect to the internet through the wifi on my blackberry. i have a subscription to the hotspot ( tmobile) which has been working ok  so far.

any help

New Contributor
My Device: 8320

Re: wifi connection

I am guessing you are asking about wifi at home.  Do you have a wireless router set up?  Have you tried attaching your Curve to it?  What kind of router is it?  Some work better than others.
New Contributor

I spent some time playing with my curve and it turned out that the setting was set to the mobile browser . when i switched it to the wifi browser, the internet is working now when i am inthe range of a wifi network.

one more question though, does anyone know if you have to subscribe to activate the GPS features on the curve or you access that if you have access to the internet

thanks

Highlighted
New Contributor

I believe the below is what you are asking for in reference to GPS features.

How to turn on Global Positioning System (GPS)

To turn on Global Positioning System (GPS) from the handheld, follow these steps:

NOTE: The BlackBerry® Curve™ 8320™ does not contain an embedded GPS radio. In order to use a GPS mapping application on this handheld, you need to obtain a separate GPS puck and connect it to your BlackBerry via Bluetooth. For assistance with pairing your BlackBerry with a GPS device via Bluetooth®, please see the Bluetooth section.
  1. From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
  2. Scroll to and select the Options icon.
    • NOTE: Press the trackball to select.
  3. Scroll to and select Advanced Options.
  4. Scroll to and select GPS.
  5. From GPS Data Source, press the Space key until your paired GPS device appears.
  6. Press the Menu key.
  7. Scroll to and select Save.