09-20-2011 11:53 PM
Your carrier: t-mobile (unlocked) RIM
Model info and OS version: bold9780 6.0bundle 1879 (v126.96.36.1998, platform188.8.131.52)
Apps and free space
File free before and after a battery remove/replace. : free space190898251 bytes
Did a battery pull fix your issue? no.
Apps installed and their version if possible. (Go to Settings, then Options, then applications):
aerize wifiX 184.108.40.206, crunchSMS 3.13, shangmail 2.0.1, pingchat 220.127.116.11, Opera mini 6.1, dictionary and thesaurus 1.4,dropbox 18.104.22.168, the weather chanel 2.1.4, etc.
When writing your question
i don't have BIS but i do have non-BB data (30mb/month). Generally my apps do not connect to wifi.
everything shows it's normal, has IP, signal (3G, tmobile, network's name, and the bb logo) on the top screen.
what I've done?
1. i have done some research on how to access wifi without BIS, those listed apps above are those should be working thru wifi only. but they are not working in my situation.
2. what caught my attention is that i got every app function well after i reboot the device with alt+aA+del. after a certain amount of time (up to 2hr), all the apps tell me to check the wireless connection. all the signs look normal.
3. run network diagnose test
4. battery pull, enable/disable TCP, change mobilework perreference
5. the BB browser does work in any situation
is there anything i could do to use wifi connection? this really devastates me....
09-27-2011 07:29 AM
Hello rain9613 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
Many of these applications require access to the BlackBerry Internet Browsing service for usage. This service needs to be provisioned by your mobile network carrier. Once this connection has been established, these applications should be able to use Wi-Fi for connection.
Your BlackBerry browser does have built-in HotSpot access which accounts for why it works on Wi-Fi without a data plan enabled.
I would suggest you contact T-Mobile for further assistance with this.