Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: du

wifi problem

i am connected to a wifi with a full bars of signal but everytime i browse internet or log in to social networks it says that i should still connect to a wifi or contact my service provider...can please help me?...

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: wifi problem

Hi there,

When I've seen that message before, its usually a sign that there is a problem with the internet connection from the router. Try rebooting the router (unplug it, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in) and that should resolve the problem for you. If it doesn't, you may need to reboot the modem (if there is a separate modem).

Hopefully that helps, but if not, let us know.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: du

i tried it twice but still when im trying to log in it says connect to a wifi or service provider...and also im using the wifi connection to my laptop and theres no problem with the connection...

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

In that case, have you tried a battery pull yet? If not, try that next. And if you have, or if the battery pull doesn't help, try removing the WiFi network from your saved list, then perform a battery pull and once the phone reboots, set up the WiFi connection once more.

Note: To do a battery pull, simply remove the battery for 15-30 seconds, reinsert and wait for the device to reboot.

I hope this helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!