Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

wifi problems

Hi all,

My WiFi connection does not seem to be working. Whenever I turn it on and connect to my home network the internet just simply stops working and I get this message: "unable to locate requested server". Once I turn it off I'm able to browse the web once again using my phone's mobile internet. I have a new Torch with the latest OS. Please help!
New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: rogers

Re: wifi problems

I had this problem but managed to fix it by clearing the cache. 

1. On the Home screen, click the Browser icon.
2. Press the key > Options.
3. In the Privacy and Security section, below Clear Browsing Data, select the check boxes beside the types of browsing information that you want to delete.
4. Click Clear Now.

If this still doesn't work try a battery pull.  Battery pull works for so many "fixes" you might want to download the free ap claaed battery pull.

good luck

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Just tried your idea and unfortunately it did not fix the issue Smiley Sad I have also pulled the batt a few times with the same result. I have an app called quickpull..but I also did the actual physical pull
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t

For the last week, I've been having the same problems with my Torch when I'm home.  For the first couple months I owned the phone, I did not have this problem.

Also, the problem only seems to be at home.  Out and about, it picks up networks fine.

Email still works fine whereever.

I've tried the above mentioned fixes, but still nothing (at home).

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8110
My Carrier: att

first, are others able to connect to your home wifi network(could the problem be with your wifi)..if that is not it try http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB13494&slic... 0 1279076107 to reconnect to home network and insure set up correctly

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Have you tried rebooting your cable modem/wireless router?

Try that, then delete and re-add the network on your device.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t

rebooted modem and router.  that seems to have fixed it.  Thanks!!

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Good to hear!  Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."