Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Rogers

wifi sporadic on twitter / facebook

Twitter and facebook apps worked just fine on wifi. I don't have a data plan. Then Rogers gave me 2 months of free data plan. Now that the 2 months have ended, the twitter, facebook apps along with a few others only work sporadically on wifi for the last 2 weeks. They do not necessarily connect to the internet (network unavailable), even when the browser does connect. It seems the apps are having problems but the browser is doing okay. After a reboot, it works for an hour or so before losing connection. Then it can be a day and multiple reboots before it comes back.

BB Bold 9780

Any ideas?

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: wifi sporadic on twitter / facebook

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I realize it's been a few weeks since you posted this, but just in case, I'll make my guess. Since you had the data plan for a bit, it is likely that your BB retains the Service Books for the data plan even though the service is discontinued. As such, it is possible that the existence of those SB's is what is confusing the apps into thinking that the carrier data network should be available. Deleting the appropriate Service Books would be the right way to deal with it, if what I hypothesize is accurate. As to what those specific Service Books would be, I honestly have no clue.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................