Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: orange

wireless causing curve 8320 reboot

Everytime i attempt to turn the wireless on on my curve 8320 the phone reboots,i have tried setting up wireless network this also causes a reboot, i have backed up from blackberry protect this dosnt help either. please any suggestions

Super Contributor
My Device: *
My Carrier: No Carrier

Re: wireless causing curve 8320 reboot

Hello there

for your problem just do these things

1.      Backup yor settings using BB Desktop Manager

2.      Upgrade or reinstall the OS (Download from BB site)

3.      Reboot your BB

4.      Restore your settings Full

5.      Again reboot your BB

6.     Then check if your problem is solved or not

If yes then very well if no then tell me what type of errors you are facing exacly and to the point please

Thanks and Regards

Muhammad Ehsan

IT Support Engineer

Ovex Technologies Pakistan

New Contributor

first of all thank you very much for your interest and support, after completing the tasks you suggested the phone does not reboot when trying to connect or turn on wireless. one problem solved but unforthunately it will not let me turn on the wireless..when i go into manage connections my wifi has a red x next to it which it will not let me remove.. i dont know if this is relevant but in service status for wifi network  it says active profile not connected, ssid not connected and type not connected. when i posted this problem i stated that my curve was an 8320 it is not it is an 8520 running v5.0.0.681 (platform5.2.0.67< any more assistance would be very much appreciated

Super Contributor

You are always welcome.

Now about  the second problem you facing you must understand a little concept

There can be only one connection at a time which can be active either your mobile network or wifi. If some how if you are able to active both then there always a conflict. Since if know or not not matters just the concept that the transport layer of OSI model will transmit the packets to the connection. If multiple connection then it will choose the primary but this is in the case of PC, in mobile there is no such facility that the transport layer choose which.

I hope you understand the concept.

Need any further help please Post but be exact.

One thing more that if am uble to reply for a while then dont panic because i am giving support of 100's of users about many issues.

Thanks and Regards

Muhammad Ehsan

IT Support Engineer

Ovex Technologies Pakistan

New Contributor

Thank you again for your time and patience,with mobile and bluetoothe off or on my phone refuses to allow me to turn on wireless, I have been in touch with my provider and they have updated and confirmed that all my browser , bbm and email settings are in place. To recap my phone refuses to let me turn on wireless
Super Contributor

Hellow dear

foryour problem follow these steps

1.     Go to Manager connection and there turn on the mobile network and turn off the wi-fi network then check.

2.      Also set settings vice versa to check.

And tell me when you turn of try to turn on your wirless then what error message it gives you exacly