Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: vodafone uk

wirelessly synch organizer between Bold 9780 and Outlook 2010

hi everyone, 

I am unable to get synching going in either direction between my new Bold 9780 and my work MS exchange account on Outlook. 

I have set up the BB to handle work emails and these work and synch fine between the BB and my outlook on my laptop.

But calendar synching is not working at all....  BB help tells me to go to the organizer app (eg calendar) press menu key > options > select the Wireless Synchronization check box.

However, this check box just doesnt exist.

thanks for any help - much appreciated as I'm getting quite frustrated with this!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: wirelessly synch organizer between Bold 9780 and Outlook 2010

Hi phil156342,

Welcome to the Suppport Forums!

Can you provide more information please?

Unless your device is activated on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, wireless synchronization of organizers (calendar, contacts etc) will not be available and you will not see the Wireless Synchronization checkbox. You can setup synchronization with your Outlook calendar via the BlackBerry Desktop Software with the following instructions.  http://bbry.lv/if4oNU

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

hi,   many thanks for your reply.  So it sounds like I cannott wirelessly/automatically synch calendar and address book unless my organisation buys BES.  Is that correct?   if so it's very disappointing and should be made clearer when you're buying the phone - I had the impression from Vodafone that Outlook would synch.

As for the wired synching using the Desktop Software, this is so frustrating.  I have reinstalled the software from CD several times and wasted hours on it, but it hangs for hours after attempting to synch, or just plain fails to find the device.  I have also never managed to eject my device from the laptop successfully, it always says it is in use.   So frankly  I just want another phone now.  Sorry, but my Blackberry has just wasted too much of my time.  I apologise for being negative but I've had enough.  If you have any tips for getting BB Desktop Manager to work, please let me know.

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9780

hi phill..

have you installed any applications or themes after you had the device? some of these applications or themes could create problems on sync between device and laptop. last time i had sync problem when i installed themes i downloaded from BB AppsWorld, but forgot which one.

your "thumb" would be appriciated if you find my post helpful
Highlighted

thanks for trying to help, Togar, but I havent loaded any apps or themes.

I have now got the syncing via the desktop software to work OK.  But I have to plug in my usb cable, plug in the phone, press ok a few times....    and every time I do I'm thinking that if I'd bought pretty much any other smartphone I wouldnt be wasting my time this way.   And when I'm out and about I'm wondering whether my Blackberry calendar is up to date, so I cant rely on it.

I will ditch the Blackberry as soon as I can, and I hope RIM realise they have let customers down by not allowing Calendar and Address Book to sync automatically and wirelessly without the purchase of additional enterprise software.  Lots of us work for small businesses that just can't justify the cost.