Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: 447716660578

x next to signal

i have had my curve from new for about 8 months always on the same network, today i have noticed an x next to the signal bar? , i am not recieving calls or texts, how do i fix this ?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Passport/ Curve 9320

Re: x next to signal

Do a battery pull and remove the Sim card, wait for 5 mins and boot your phone. Or try to Ask a friend and Try inserting your sim card to his phone and his sim card on your BlackBerry. See if you get signal.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
New Contributor

tried this, taken to store for a repair as my sim works fine in other phones, and other blackberry's had signal in my house .. :/

Forums Veteran I

I see, sorry to hear that. I hope you're phone signal will recover soon. By the way have
you tried wiping your data? as an application may have caused this error, or try opening your blackberry on safe mode.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
New Contributor

i will see what happens when i get it back from repair, but thankyou for your help 

Forums Veteran I

You're welcome. Goodluck.