Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: yahoo messenger error

Just curious, do you have BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) or BES (BlackBerry Exchange)

Is it a work phone - personal? 

Still trying to find an answer.. 

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
My Device: Not Specified

I'm using BIS, personal carier. Thx 4 the effort. Keep on trying
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

hello everyone.................is there any solution yet for ym's error????

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello A/all. I have the newest OS available for the Blackberr 8330. My Yahoo was acting up on my old OS and still is. I go to switch my status to available it gives me Failed to Execute and logs me out.As well unable to recieve any messages unless I log out and back into yahoo. I have tryed to log in under my other Yahoo ID and still ahve the same problem.  I have Whiped the handheld removed yahoo reinstalled it all. Taken it into my Service Provider they have no clue what is going on. I am getting rather annoyed with this. My Data Has been kicking off and on as well ever since the update of the software. Is there a solution to the murder of the YIM for Blackberry yet or not?

New Contributor

This is beyond rediculous.  Yahoo says it is not their problem because this is a blackberry app.  Blackberry has not responded to anything so far that I have seen.  This is 3 weeks now?  All kinds of different bugs.  Mine continues to be not receiving messages on one account, and not being able to send messages on another account.  It would be nice just to know that they are at least working on a solution.  Update to software, fix in software, anything.  I just don't understand it. 

New Contributor

Please try to log in YM now, they have fix it. I can log in my YM just now, and can send and receive messange as well. If you still have the problem, I suggest you to contact yahoo customer service. I have contacted them and told about the problem. Hope everyone can use YM back on your blackberrym Have a nice day
New Contributor

Try installing the new YM : http://www.blackberry.com/yahoomessenger
Highlighted
New Contributor

Last night Shortly after speaking to a friend. I went in and deleted ALL SERVICES BOOKS relating to the browser and Yahoo. After doing so I powered my phone door by removing of the battery and waiting 30 seconds putting it back in. I have now fixed the issue with yahoo not allowing available status and able to send and recieve messages. You may want to try this. It worked for me.