Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

yahoo messenger

Does yahoo messenger use up the data MB on your phone plan? ie.. if i have 30mb allowed for the month would sending messages on yahoo messenger use up the 30mb.

thanks,

Gemini

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: yahoo messenger

Yes using Yahoo Messenger will use data plan of 30MB.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

My Device: Not Specified

Are you using pre-loaded yahoo messenger? The downloadable version doesn't seem to go up to the bold yet....!!! Anybody found it for download, and if so where?
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

I got the messenger by going through blackberry help on the Bold itself. I searched Yahoo Messenger and it took me to a downloadable version. I'm just not sure how much data is being used when using the Yahoo Messenger. Is data being used when I'm logged in and idle or is data being used when I send and receive messages? Gemini
My Device: Not Specified

Yeah I eventually managed to get it from mobile.blackberry.com also. If anybody's having problems accessing this site from their handset - as I was to start with - make sure that your service provider has enabled the "Internet Browser" on your Blackberry. Facebook (not such a great application actually) only started working after this browser was enabled also.