Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9790
My Carrier: 07709556434

you tube / facebook videos

I have been unable to watch any videos on either you tube or facebook. This has only happened today. Is there something I need to do?

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: you tube / facebook videos

Same to me. 9790 with BlackBerry OS 7.1. 2-3 days ago I am unable to watch Youtube videos. Haven't tested with Facebook. As long as I observed, problem is the browser don't detect the picture being a link, so I can't click it and so the media player does not start.

For me this is an issue with either the mobile version of Youtube or the Youtube "plug-in" or whatever that thing is which deploys into the browser to let us see the Youtube videos.

BlackBerry support, please respond on this.
Super Contributor
My Device: Priv, Passport, iPhone 6s
My Carrier: Telus

This seems to be happening to a lot of BB users. No link to a specific device or OS. Itks been posted to the Google support forum. We're awaiting a fix.

In the short term, you can use the "Player for YouTube" from BB World. I've been able to search and play YouTube video through it with no problem.

Hope this helps. ~ecm
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Yeah, after I replied here and saw the other tread with the 4 page posts about this issue. But BB have to write their own player or they will suffer waiting the mercy of Google, which is in the favor of Android.