Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

youtube?

Hi everyone! I work for a cell phone provider in the US and a couple of months ago we had a training for the Curve. In that training I believe the trainer said we could watch streaming videos from the curve. Well I just got one yesterday and I keep getting an error message on any site I try. Do I need to change any settings?

Also, what video players are supported for streaming video/embedded video.

Thanks in advance

Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: youtube?

The blackberry curve does not yet support video. There is a system upgrade operating system 4.5 the curve has a 4.2. However it is still in beta testing (download at your own risk) if you want video now. But I suggest you wait for your carrier to release the supported version. There has been no release date set yet. I hear AT&T is supposed to release it in September. But so far that is rumor.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
New Contributor

Ah, I see. I'm running 4.3 now so I'll just wait till 4.5.
Contributor
My Device: Alltel Curve 8330

I recently purchased an Alltel 8330.  I can view some videos on YouTube; and others I can't.  I know other providers just don't support streaming video with their Curve models, based on reading reviews.

Highlighted
Contributor

I'm running OS 4.5 on my Curve but can't seemed to play any videos in youtube. As an alternative I usually go to www.blueapple.mobi