Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: 02

2.1.0.1314 Update Wont Play Mp4s

sinse updating my playbook yesterday it will not play any m4a's i download from "popular" p2p websites.

anyone else encountered this???

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook
My Carrier: MTS

Re: 2.1.0.1314 Update Wont Play Mp4s

Same issue here. I had few movies on my playbook, but after updating all of them are not working anymore. I am not sure what to do. I can not find any good media player app for playbook to play videos.

Please click the Thumbs Up icon if this comment has helped you! If your issue is resolved, please click the solution button on the resolution!

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

After installing the latest firmware and restarting the PlayBook, I encountered the same problem. Another reboot fixed it. Try that.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32G
My Carrier: Rogers

My videos are playing nicely.  Perhaps you may want to consider software such as “Freemake Video Converter” on your computer.  It has the ability to reformat most video formats and can be selected to output specifically for the PlayBook.  

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook
My Carrier: MTS

I have reinstalled os. Still not working. Of course I can convert movies to watch them on playbook, but it takes a lot of time. It is much better to watch them instantly without conversion. This is why I loved playbook. Before update it was able to play almost all common codecs, but no it is useless. Why did RIM do that?

Please click the Thumbs Up icon if this comment has helped you! If your issue is resolved, please click the solution button on the resolution!