Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

2 week updates?

What happened to RIM's promise of 2 week UPDATES?
BBEx 5.0.1 on SBS 2007 (Exchange) Playbook w/o Directory structure & Dropbox & RDP
Contributor
My Device: Z10 and PlayBook (sadly)
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: 2 week updates?

I think that came from a quote of a RIM executive who said something about they'd 'roll out updates as often as every two weeks if needed'. I take that to mean they're unlikely to do it more frequently than every two weeks, not as a committment to have some updates ready every two weeks.

Would be nice to see something new though.  It's still just a toy for me... nothing useful available yet.  I'm getting tired of telling people what a great plaform it is and having nothing useful to demonstrate...

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook 32GB

Just show them the demo video and some flash sites, and spend time using words to go, etc to do work! i've dld 200 apps and found a number of apps that make productivity go up
-----------
Chris --- http://www.twitter.com/chrispycrunch
-----------
Contributor
My Device: Z10 and PlayBook (sadly)

[ Edited ]

I tried to demo sheets to go... embarassing.  Seems an XLS file saved by Open Office won't open.  Open in in Excel, save again and it works... 

{word filter avoidance}

Contributor
My Device: playbook 64gig
My Carrier: bell

Gotta tell you, every 2 weeks an update, glad I'm not a programmer.
QA wouldn't promise you that with smiles on their faces... Way too much testing involved.
It would be nice though, but then again every 2 weeks to add new features... test those new features... debug those new features... Everyone wants this thing to work, and it does... I'm on my second one already, 1st one was defective... But I love it, can't put it down. Ya I wish it was perfect, but nothing ever is until it is close to it's end of life, sorry to say. I like it a lot, only wish I could increase the font for bridged email.
Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10

I read that to that every two weeks a new update will if how the Playbook is selling and doing I do not think RIM knows what's going on. Its not getting good reviews and the return rate is the highest of any taplet.  I want to know when Android apps will work with it. But I think RIM is kind picking up the peaces and try to get things back together before they go even worse.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Please give me Kudos if you feel like I helped you

Thank you
cuse165