Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

2min

Hey yall, I do really enjoy using my PlayBook. The only problem with it is the fact that I have to wait 2min to power it up. Does anybody know a way faster to fix that issue. I need less than 30sec with my laptop.…

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Re: 2min

I just let mine go into sleep mode.   I never reboot or turn off unless there is a problem...

Trusted Contributor
My Device: curve 9330/Playbook
My Carrier: verizon

Most of us do not turn off the PB unless absolutely necessary. leaving it on has shown no negative impact on performance.

The boot time on the PB is relatively long and the time you indicate is normal for all users.

Some people turn off wifi and let it charge over night.

Some people take no action and just plug in the charger.

Personnally I only shut mine down once or week at night and leave it off over night and then restart it the next morning.

Again leaving it on for extended periods of time has not shown any impact. FYI... My BB has taken just as long to boot up and I never turn it off.

New Contributor

Thanks, I'll start doing so…

New Contributor

Thanks for your advice and time
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Like any computer, the Playbook needs some time to re-start from a shutdown. Two to three minutes is typical.

Normally, it is recommended to put the Playbook in standby rather than do a shutdown. It will wake amost instantly from standby.

I put my Playbook on charge every night and use it for a number of hours every day. I never shut it down, unless I absolutly had to.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.