Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: bell

Re: A problem occurred while attempting to connect to your Blackberry device

My problem occured since the last update 2.0 to 2.1. I Have windows XP.. When I connected my PB, device manager identifies my PB as a smartphone, That's why I can't transfer file from my computer to my PB. I try your solution but It's not working for me

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: 07979521002

sorry to hear of the problems you are experiencing. It took me a while to find a solution and it wasn't obvious either. There were a couple of threads I found on the net that put together got things sorted.

Regrettably I have to say I have found BB support serverely lacking.

Anyways, off my soapbox and to my advice.

Try typing in the error message in full into your search engine, including blogs. Also try all the solutions offered here. Finally, there are twitter feeds that you could try. There is a community of BB enthusiasts waiting to help. Crankberry forums comes to mind.

Well hope this advice helps.

Bye...

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I was having the same problem as everyone else here and tried every solution posted on this board including trying my old XP machine just in case it was a Windows 7 issue and nothing worked. Finally ended up wiping the Playbook and starting from scratch. Best thing I ever did. Not only did everything work error free when hooked up to the computer, but the tablet itself runs lightning fast compared to what did prior to the wipe.

Highlighted
My Device: torch
My Carrier: rogerstheaholes

This is the solution when your PC does not recognize your Blackberry Playbook:  

1.Go to the top right of your tablet and locate the wifi icon

2.Turn it off then connect your playbook to your PC using USB cable

3.Wait a few minutes until drivers are installed on PC

4.That should do it.  Should work both from the BB manager and from your Local PC Network (much simpler to transfer files to device as it will show your BB as a new hard drive usually letter Z:/)

5. If this does not work check that wifi is actually turned off as sometimes it will turn back on when you connect it to your PC after having it turned off while disconnected from PC.

It is idiotic that we have to do this but this is what works.  Hope this helps at least one person from pulling their hair out.