Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: no

Re: A problem occurred while attempting to connect to your Blackberry device

To BBJazz28: Another thing I want to mention about is: Could you try to connect your PB on another device without Win7?? If it doesn't work as usual, maybe there will be an issue on PB, something happen on storage section.
I will try my best to help you with the issue you get.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yes I did. I connected it to my other pc, a Windows 7 64-bit machine. It's basically my backup. The PB connected and I have access to move files and any media to the PB.

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Grameenphone

I have the same problem. I tried every possible solution that were suggested in many forums but in vain. Still couldn't connect via USB not even as a drive.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: 07979521002

Hi BBjazz,

just wondering if you have managed to resolve this issue as I had very same issues, even having spent toooo many minutes with BB tech support team.

When I say BB IT support team, it felt more like I was an extra in the comedy IT crowd, taking advice from Jen for the comedically low level of competency and tekkie knowledge shown by them. laughably clueless!? Sorry to offend but my situation is crazy.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

HI Simplysimon101,

I was not able to determine why the PB would not connect with my Windows 7 32-bit pc. Tech support had no solutions as well. Fortunately, my other pc, a Windows 7 64-bit pc had no problems with the PB connection. Very weird and frustrating at the same time. Considering some of the other quirks with the 32-bit pc, its not surprising. Good luck with resolving your problem though. Sorry I can't offer any concrete solutions.

New Contributor

@BBjazz

thanks for replying so quickly. It just seems crazy that these two collossal companies can't seem to work things through seemlessly, well as near as, I mean they are the IT 'experts' right?  anyway, I am determined to find the answer and when I do I will post it here.

thx again.

New Contributor

.....the two companies being windows and BB obviouly Smiley Surprised]>

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Search the boards, there was a post back in April or May 2011. It contains services that have to be installed. I would search but sending this by my BB phone. Has pictures and all.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor

will do. thx
New Contributor

BB: Playbook OS QNX 2.0....

Laptop: HP Elitebook 8540w; OS win7x64 pro

re: PB HDD not mounting (but can backup?); Problems occuring when attempting to sync PB to laptop via BB DTS [all versions].

Hi everbody,

well the problem I had was very similiar, if not identical to BBjazz's [as stated above]. Having spent weeks searching and trying out lots of proposed solutions I found one that eventually worked for me.

The problem was having multiple instances of the 'Mircosoft 6to4 adapter.'

In fact I managed to collect 317 of them!!

Anyway, these need removing. There are batch files that purportedly remove them in a single procedure but not for me, I had to do it the long way, manually, one by one. It took me about 1.5 hours. It sounds long but it got the job done so well worth the effort.

Here's what I did, all within PC [laptop]; PB disconnected.

1.Uninstall all BB software. i used revouninstall [adv option] to make sure BB DTS and File Manage were completely removed. No software legacy issues to contend with.

2.Restart PC.

3. open device manager [control panel->hardware and sound->device manager]

4.view tab dropdown menu->show hidden devices.

5.Within graphics area expand 'Network adapters.' if you see 2or more 'Mircrosoft 6to4 adapters' you have too many.

6.Highlight and delete each one. i.e hit 'Delete' they uninstall themselves. I actually deleted them all, thinking 1 would reinstall itself on restart but it didn't, so now I have no 6to4 adapters but I have experienced no negative consequences!

7.Restart PC.

8. reinstall latest BB destop software

9.Plug in playbook, drivers will autoinstall.

Viola!!! a fully functional piece of kit.

By the way, I did check to see if the 6to4 adapters reloaded themselves but they didn't.

Anyway, hope this works for you guys. And apologies if there is any sucking of eggs being taught. I just know I need as much detailed instructions as possible, not being too IT savvy.

Good luck. Cheers all....