Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

APPs Missing - I've tried most posts With no luck

Hello,

I need some help please. I've had the PlayBook since July 2012. My BB ID was connected to my previous cell carrier. My son was attempting to do something that required the ID. He didn't know it so he decided to perform security wipe. Afterwards only browser app populated the device I tried most fixes I could find and nothing worked, so I gave up I thought it was bricked. Recently I pulled it out and saw a software update available so I updated, after the update now a dozen or so apps populated and function. The settings tab shows 87 apps installed which I can't access. There is no rhyme or reason I can find for the missing apps. Some from all categories are gone. Even the command bar that displayed across screen that read "media" etc. Is missing. 

Thus far I've tried 3 finger reboot, booting while connected to open desktop software and I tried security wiping again after 2.016 was installed. I don't know what else to do.

Thanks in advance for any ideas

Lilr

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: APPs Missing - I've tried most posts With no luck

move all and every icons to the app bar and then reboot it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: APPs Missing - I've tried most posts With no luck

Thanks for the reply I had to create a folde and put apps in folder on the bar..Rebooted nothing changed. Is there anything else possibly Smiley Wink