Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch/Playbook
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Activating BBM on my Playbook - no luck

I've done all the updatesand still nothing? What am I doing wrong?

Our carrier is Telus, are they blocking something or is ther some switch I haven't turned on yet. BTW have rebooted both my Torch and the Playbook, so that's not it.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Activating BBM on my Playbook - no luck

Here are OTA links for the latest BlackBerry Bridge that enables BBM on the PlayBook: Down load these from your BlackBerry smart phone and not from your PC.

BlackBerry Bridge 1.0.0.83 OTA for OS 5

BlackBerry Bridge 1.0.0.83 OTA for OS 6

These downloads are for your phone, not for the PlayBook.

NOTE: To get BBMessenger on the PlayBook, you need to apply both the Bridge update (1.0.0.83) , PlayBook 1.0.3 update and the BBM update (5.0.3.22) available on App World on the phone.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I have done all that already and checked the updates to make sure they took and were the right ones. The only thing I'm not sure is if I need the OS 5 or OS 6 version and which one I have?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

For Torch you need the OS 6 version of Bridge.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Guru III
My Device:

I would remove what you have and then install the OS 6 version.

then follow the bringing on playbook, I did one for a remote user over the phone and only took a few minutes.

New Contributor

That worked thanks
Guru III
My Device:

Your welcome, glad to have helped out and enjoy the PlayBook.

Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: TMHU

Hi knottyrope, I have tried all of that what you have wrote. I am still getting a green circle on my PB bridged BBM app there are no contacts just some order button on the bottom line. Do you have any idea?
My PB and 9780 are using the indicated versions.
Regular Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

you just can try delete BBM and Bridge apps on your smartphone and reinstall it. make sure you have PB software version 1.0.3.1868
and BBM 5.0.3.22 and 1.0.0.83 bridge on your smartphone.

hope this works
Guru III
My Device:

Some have downloaded the incorrect version of bridge, there is one for OS 5 and for OS 6.