Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: verizon

Adding Exchange account to official 2.1 OS

[ Edited ]

I was on the beta 2.1 os for a few months, and did not have any issues with my EAS account. The morning of the upgrade, I was able to send and receive emails on my EAS account on my PB. I then upgraded to the official 2.1 os. After the upgrade my EAS account showed active but no data was syncing. To troubleshoot, I then deleted my account and tried to re-add...in hindsight I was impatient, as you'll see later. I have yet to get my EAS account added back.

My wife has a PB also. This pb was also on the 2.1 beta os. To verify, I added my EAS account to this pb, and no problems...all good. I then performed the upgrade to the official 2.1 os. Same behavior....my EAS account showed active but no data was syncing. This time tho, due to other posters, I waited as some ppl were saying it could take 15 minutes. Well, I waited over an hour, but finally I had data! So this proved to me that EAS will work on the official 2.1. So I decided to remove it and see if I could re-add it. nada. I get the same results on this second pb as well. Whether I just input my email addr and password, and let the pb to the autoconfiguration, or if I input the information under advanced, the pb will flash for a second "Checking for supported services and policy information", then immediately display the message "The settings for your account are incorrect. Change your settings and try again.". It doesn't appear to be hitting the network at all.

I even did a security wipe to see if there was something wrong. Unfortunately, it would not let me setup my account during the setup process, as it wouldn't let me get around doing the upgrade.

So, is anyone able to ADD an account on the official 2.1 OS? Is anyone willing to remove their account and see if they can re-add it? LOL.

thanx for any help anyone can provide.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Adding Exchange account to official 2.1 OS

i removed and added in mine. once I rebooted it there asa question to accept the cert and email started to work.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

k...i have seen ppl state that they get prompted for a certificate. I have never been prompted for a certificate. I wonder if this is related to the exchange server configuration. Do you know if something changed in 2.1 OS, between the beta 2.1.0.840 and the official, as it relates to EAS accounts and certificates?

Highlighted
New Contributor

well, maybe it's just me, but i had no success in adding my exchange account on 2.1. I ended up debricking my PB and falling it back to 2.1 beta. i then added my exchange account w/o any issues. Then i did the 2.1 update. my account showed active and took about an hour to sync, but now i have my exchange account back. I have received a weird "error 22" a couple of time when trying to open email. We'll see how it works.