Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Adding music to my Blackberry Playbook

I did ask the original poster to email me one of the files in question try it on my  PB.

My Device: Bold 9900/PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: T-Mobile

As someone mentioned that your iTunes library has a lot of DRM attached to it, you might want to try downloading and installing Desktop Manager, associating the iTunes library with the Media Sync, and attempt to transfer your selections.  If, as we suspect, your library has DRM'ed items, Media Sync will show these items as unsupported.  

Good luck.  Once transferred, the PlayBook makes a great player.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Xandrex wrote:
I have no problem playing AAC files on my PlayBook, unless they are protected by Apple's DRMs.

in which case burning from itunes to CD and ripping back into windows media player should work around it, butwould be a very naughty thing to do. 

My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

unless you are forced to use an iPhone or an iPod, it is a good idea to stay away from iTunes.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Xandrex wrote:
unless you are forced to use an iPhone or an iPod, it is a good idea to stay away from iTunes.

...or unless you have a Mac.  

I now use itunes full time, fully committed in its database, can update in batch mode almost all of my collection's artwork from Apple's Gracenote database, even for ripped music from years ago. I and can edit the metadata for a whole album at once.

Sync'ing to an itunes playlist called "Playbook" makes it a simple job to transfer.  

Forced to use ipod?? There is simply no other sensible portable player with 160GB of space other than Ipod Classic.  Get 'em while they still make 'em. I'll give it 6 months. 

...from one of Apple's Fanbois!  (but very satisfied with Playbook).

My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I am a Cowon fan, sorry Smiley Happy
(their devices back 5 years ago still match today's iPod devices)

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: